- Your hair must have a soft curve for wax to adhere to it. Approx. 4 weeks of hair growth—1/4 inch long.
- No tanning 48 hrs. before or after waxing.
- No hot baths, No abrasives No deodorant (day of only).
- Avoid caffeine or acidic juice, too much acid in the stomach causes redness.
- Avoid wearing panty hose for 1-2 hrs. after bikini and leg waxes. Skin may over heat.
- Certain skin conditions may prevent waxing.
- Pregnancy or menstrual cycles, will cause sensitivity during waxing, due to water retention.
- Review your internal medications, many thin the skin, and cause skin to lift during waxing.
- We can not wax a client on accutane.
- Topical drugs or products that resurface the skin go into the skin and spread. You could definitely lift skin in all areas surrounding a topical application. It is best to wait at least 48 hrs. before waxing and 48 hours after waxing before reapplication. Skin may still lift.
- After waxing areas prone to ingrown hairs, you need to use a topical exfoliater on a daily basis and keep the area moist. This will help the hair coming in break through the surface of the skin and not turn inward.
- Ask your service provider for a recommendation.
If you are unsure about waxing—just ask, no question is dumb. If we don't know the answer we will find out for you.